The Big Question

Question yourself. Post your own answer. Give to receive.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Three Hundred and Seventy Third Question

Since I can't send each of you a Christmas card
in reality, here it is in virtual form:


The inside reads:

Dear Everyone,

Even though I only get a small glimpse into each of your lives through the answers, I still feel like we are all somehow just a little more connected because of this blog. After all, we all now know some of the most personal things about each other. Things that some of the people closest to you in your lives might not even know!

I most love the questions that seem obscure - things you haven't thought about in years - things you'd probably have never thought about again. The cool part of this blog isn't what comes out when you type your answers each day. It's what happens inside each of you when you read and reflect on your own lives, recalling the very events and people that have shaped you. Each question is subject to individual interpretation. The answers are never right or wrong, just your own. I'm sure someone out there has said this more eloquently than me...but, sometimes it's good to look back at where we've been so we know how far we've come and where we want to go in the future.

Sometimes I think about the fact that there are parts of this blog where the questions were springing out of me from at such a painful time in my life, that I don't like to even read those pages. Then I realize the bigger picture of this project, on a whole, reflects the ebb and tide of my life, randomly intersected with each of yours’ through the answers. I think how every one of you has made this place special and because of that I've decided to keep it going.

Wishing each and every one of you the best holiday season and an even better 2007!

Sincerely,
Sublime

Today's question:

Is there a person you can't or won't send a holiday card to?
Suppose you were to send one anyway, who would it go to
and what would it say?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger danielle said…

    i'm pretty sure i sent everyone a card this year - nearly 75! but, i think if i could, i would send a christmas card to my grandfather, and my great-grandparents. just to let them know that i haven't forgotten them and that i think about them, especially during the holidays.

    do you think people in heaven have the internet?

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Mind Sprite said…

    I won't send one to my biological father because he doesn't deserve to be part of my life.

    If I could, I would send one to my maternal grandparents, who were pivotal in my early years and are the center of some of my best childhood memories. I miss them, and their flying angels on top of the Xmas tree, so much this time of year.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Mind Sprite said…

    p.s. Happy Holidays, Sublime! Thanks for doing this fun little site :)

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah. there is someone. for sure.

    my dad.

    if i could send one to him it would simply say...

    miss you.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Asaph's Table said…

    How long can the list be? (Now I sound like a nasty ol' bastard!) My sister-in-law; she's extremely manipulative, divisive and prone to backstabbing. So, even though it sounds horrible, if I WERE to send her a card, it would be a blank card and I'd write the following inside: I was going to send you a lump of coal in the mail, but I found out it's a lot cheaper to send you this card. Enjoy.

    To the rest of you, I do hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger nancy =) said…

    sublime, what a beautiful post today...thanks for bringing us all together in here, and thanks so much for all the time you put into this...hope your holidays are fantabulous!! =)

    as for the card thing - i no longer send cards cuz it just got too insane...i say i will only send a few and it turns into a monumental task...but the people i would never consider sending a card to ever again would be my brother and my 2 sisters...but if i did send a card it would say inside each of them "it amazes me how oblivious a person can be to their own fuckedupedness...happy holidays =)"

    merry christmas to all and to all a good night...

    ~ n

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Fletch said…

    Kool post babe :o)

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

    There is one... Without adding to much detail, while I struggle to put her out of my heart and mind I cannot forgive (Even though it bloody christmas! ;o) ).

    Hey Sub. Happy Holidays Babe :o)

    Ciao Ciao

     

Post a Comment

<< Home